Cobham is seeking a Quality Inspector that will inspect purchased products and internally produced assemblies. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Perform receiving, in-process, and final inspections on parts and products, including but not limited to mechanical and visual inspections.
- Work to approved inspection checklists, engineering drawings, purchase orders, work instructions and specifications.
- Utilize Non-Conforming Material Control process to document parts that do not meet specifications
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities
- Completed Associate's Degree OR four years of mechanical inspection experience
- 2 years of experience with mechanical and visual inspection of machined parts and assemblies
- 2 years of experience using business class software in a professional employment setting
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings, Workmanship Standards, Military and Federal Specifications, and basic GDT (Basic Geometric Tolerancing).
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of support personnel, including but limited to, Associates, Supervision, Management and Engineers.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- ASQ Mechanical Inspector Certification
- Computer, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills; organization and time management skills
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers