Quality Manager JO 18319
Our client, major metal working companies, located in Springfield, Ohio, is looking for a Quality Manager who reports directly to the plant manager. The role of the Quality Manager assures consistent technical guidance and quality of production by developing and enforcing good manufacturing practice systems; validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff. He/ She will plan, organize and support the plant’s company objectives for product and process quality in conjunction with achieving customer specific requirements. Will lead and direct quality audits, corrective action, prevention and systemic improvement.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for the quality department.
- Candidate must completely understand ISO/TS quality system requirements and how to implement them in a manufacturing environment.
- Supports and leads advanced planning and PPAP requirements for a new product launch.
- Requires a complete understanding of PFMEA, Control plans, launch planning as well as metal forming and stamping.
- Candidate must understand various manufacturing processes including robotic MIG, TIG and resistance/ spot welding.
- Candidate will be required to visit customers, good verbal and analytical communication skills are essential. Some travel will be required.
- Candidate will be an expert on problem solving techniques and able to lead problem solving activities.
- Candidate will be able to deploy poke yoke and continuous improvement activities via sound quality systems.
- Good understanding of statistical process controls and how to implement on the shop floor.
- Able to conduct gage R&R and process capability studies (CP/CPK).
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints.
- Developing new product and engineering designs; and manufacturing and training methods.
- Drive continual process improvement techniques; area of manufacturing and materials.
- The candidate will lead various Kaizen, 5S and methods of process improvement.
- He/ She must have excellent analytical skills
- Aid in the training and development of quality technical support personnel in all departments as needed.
- He/ She must professionally and effectively communicate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a team atmosphere.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or metal stamping technical field.
- (5) years minimum proven success as a manager of a technical group in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to manage qualify for working with a metal stamping manufacturer in a technical capacity (quality manager, Quality engineering manager .
- You will only be considered for this position if you meet these qualifications
If you are interested in this, opportunity please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org