Watkins Wellness, established in 1977 in Vista, Calif., is dedicated to promoting wellness to consumers who live active lifestyles and are health conscious. The company manufactures the Endless Pools® line of aquatic fitness products, and is also the world's largest manufacturer of hot tubs, including Hot Spring® Spas, Hot Spot® Spas, Caldera® Spas, and the American Hydrotherapy Systems spa brands. The Watkins Wellness dealer network extends into all 50 states and more than 70 countries. Watkins Wellness is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), a Fortune 500 company whose products include Behr® paint; Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets and Milgard® windows and doors. For more information about us, please visit our website at www.watkinsmfg.com .
We are seeking a Quality Manager to join our Quality team!
IN A NUTSHELL
Are you a compliance minded professional with a focus on quality? As our Quality Manager, you will be responsible for the management and promotion of the Watkins integrated Quality Management System (QMS), through the evaluation and maintenance of defined processes and controls, while promoting best practices and continuous improvement. Additionally, you will manage all Quality Control (QC) functions (e.g. MRB, Incoming Inspection, In-process Inspection, First Articles, etc.) to ensure that all incoming materials and products made are according to company performance and quality standards.
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you a team leader? You will lead both the QC group and QMS support team of QE Techs and Internal Auditor(s) as you guide compliance to various requirements including: ISO 9001, CTPAT, Internal Controls for Financial Reporting, etc. This position will include team management related to performance, development, and training needs for both the QC and QMS teams.
- Do you strive for quality excellence? You will be responsible for planning and managing our Internal Audit Program which provides independent assessment of processes in our US and Mexico plants. You will also oversee the Verification Audit program which verifies the effectiveness of actions taken.
- Can you drive organizational change? You will manage our corrective, preventive and improvement action system (CAPA).
- Can you manage multiple process flows? You’ll create, consult, review and approve new and revised process procedures, work instructions, ensuring that controls are maintained and various processes link. You will also review, evaluate and approve Engineering COs for Navison ERP and product document changes, ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Are you experienced with records management? You will manage the off-site record storage, including indexing, retrieval, and retention needs, for all departments/plants. You’ll also be the administrator for our digital record storage in a Sharepoint Record Control site, troubleshooting when necessary.
- Are you well-versed in ISO 9001? You’ll evaluate any needs and take action to maintain ISO 9001 Certification in the US plant; including hosting audits and maintaining the Quality Manual to the current standard.
- Do you have Quality Control experience? You will manage a staff responsible for performing activities related to Incoming Inspection to include: establishing AQL levels, Supplier feedback, Material Review Board (MRB) for nonconforming material, NCMRs and supplier’s reviews as well as In-process Inspection that entails: establishing metrics and acceptance criteria, daily management meetings to analyze trends and implement countermeasures and controls as engineered solutions.
- Can you work cross-functionally? You will interact with QA Engineering to review database effectiveness, verify all data is entered correctly by the QC team and updates are entered timely.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor's degree required. The equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Five years of management experience in Quality Assurance.
- Demonstrated success in team leadership, managing for results through effective coaching and feedback.
- Experience with ISO 9001 requirements and other regulatory requirements desired.
- Proficient user in MS Office suite, and experience using system such as Visio, Access, Sharepoint and Navision preferred.
- Must be able to prepare reports, performance reviews, worksheets, charts, schedules, procedures, and other data as necessary. Organized and detail-oriented. Able to present information to a group of co-workers, supervisors, managers or higher-level executives.
- ASQ Certification for Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Black Belt or equivalent desired.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to work in a team environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion (~5%) to visit our Mexico plant required.
We look for candidates that exhibit The Watkins Way (always Ethical, endeavors to be Transparent, embraces Inclusion, welcomes Diverse backgrounds and perspectives, Accommodating, believes in Work-Life Balance, puts Safety First, Accountable, values Relationships, Passionate, Team Player, and Goal Driven).
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Watkins Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer.