Job ID: 142424
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
The Quarry Utility Person position is a flexible role within the operations that includes, cleanup, watering the roads, equipment operation, plant operation, maintenance tasks and other tasks as assigned. This position is designed to be versatile within the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for own personal safety at all times as well as maintaining the highest standard of safety and quality in all aspects of the job. Be familiar with and follow Oldcastle’s 14 Fundamentals for Fatality Elimination.
- Effectively communicate with others.
- Have some level of mechanical aptitude, knowledge and maintenance skills. This role will include OJT.
- Ability to advance company initiatives, motivate and communicate effectively with team.
- Learn MSHA/DEP regulations, where applicable to assigned tasks
- Fill in for employees absent or excused from work.
- Receive and understand task training on various pieces of equipment. Perform pre-shift inspections on equipment prior to operation.
- Operate water truck, skid steer and other types of equipment as needed to assist with cleanup efforts.
- Keep plant areas washed out and clean by shoveling or use of high pressure hose.
- Develop the skills needed to cover a variety of duties within the operation.
- Perform area inspection of assigned areas of the plant and quarry operations.
- Ability to identify and assist with plant maintenance and repairs.
- Climb conveyors and vertical ladders at heights up to 80-100’.
- Establish and follow a development plan to train/obtain skills to move into a quarry lead man role if applicable.
- Understand and adhere to all Government Regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.