Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Employment at Infineon is contingent upon proof of your legal right to work in the United States under applicable law, verification of satisfactory references and successful completion of a background check and drug test, and signing all your on-boarding documents.
In some instances, if applicable, U.S. export control laws require that Infineon obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing technologies to certain persons. This offer is contingent upon Infineon's ability to satisfy these export control laws as related to your employment and anticipated job activities. The decision whether or not to submit and/or pursue an export license to satisfy this contingency, if applicable, shall be at Infineon's sole discretion.
In your new role you will:
- Manufacture and repair quartz components under limited supervision
- Setup and operate production machines including lathes, grinders, lappers and polishers
- Read and interpret blueprints or drawings necessary to complete assignments
- Ability to verify part of process conformance to specification with calipers, micrometers, height gages and comparators
- Cleaning of quartz process chambers after they have been removed from process tools
- Minor quartz chamber repairs such as small crack welds
- Quartz spider and shaft construction and repair, also ensuring that matching sets meet tolerances
- Thermocouple repair and construction of new thermocouples
- Work with outside quartz vendors for ordering new stock quartz parts to replace aging stock or un-repairable items
You are best equipped for this job if you have:
- Experience with the use of basic hand tools
- Position requires working with torches, lathes and other forms of equipment for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work from verbal instructions and written procedures
- Good manual dexterity and hand eye coordination
- Demonstrate and promote good housekeeping practices
- Recognize, observe and promote proper manufacturing practices
- Ability to follow all required safety protocols
- Education High School diploma or equivalent
- Two plus years of experience