The qualified candidate will have experience implementing IT systems and integrations with Regional Distribution Centers (RDCs). Project experience with EDI to communicate with RDCs to manage the supply chain of 3rd party managed inventory by a highly preferred.
This position manages small to large SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT projects within IS and the firm, as well as mentors other Project Leads and junior resources in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). The Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives project requirements, priorities and deadlines, not just recording and managing them.
- Leads highly skilled, cross-functional teams (software developers, QA, IT
- Operations, business stakeholders) across one or more projects.
- Develops and manages budget for assigned project(s), monitors project progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly.
- Prepares and presents progress reports for management up to the Executive level.
- Interacts with decision-makers by managing expectations and providing master project planning to ensure all agreed upon deliverables are met cost-effectively and according to project timeline commitments.
- Solves problems, prioritizes deliverables and manages project scope.
- Manages small to large projects, ensuring they are completed on schedule and within budget while delivering expected functionality and satisfactory quality.
- Executes projects using firm-approved project management strategies, processes, techniques, and best practices.
- Mentors Associate Project Managers within the team, and project managers outside of the team, on basic and advanced project management skills.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate project related metrics, tracking projects
- Performing reviews and audits of completed projects, and portfolio management.
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications:
- Demonstrated expertise with priority assessment, resource allocation, estimating and budgeting, and documentation creation and management.
- Proven skills with automated tools for project management, such as Microsoft Project.
- Ability to deal professionally and communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with both internal and external clients on all levels.
- Proven negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Broad IS technical knowledge including; Infrastructure, Hardware, Software,
- Operations and other areas.
- Some project management training that is approved by the Project Management
Institute covering the fundamentals of Project Management.
- PMP nice to have
- Requires the ability to regularly report to work on the days and times scheduled.