TRAX Test Services
Job Title: RF Support Technician II
Job Code: 2018:0402-053
Location: Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Business Sector: 006- Advanced Communications
Performs duties relating to measuring Radio Frequency (RF) emitting systems and the ambient RF environment
using antennas, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and other test equipment. Performs Closed Loop
measurements, Over-the-Air (OTA) measurements, RF monitoring services and Target Configuration Management
(TCM) measurements. Conducts tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide
variety of critical test equipment and test procedures; sets up and operates equipment; records data, measures and
records problems of significant complexity that sometimes require resolution at higher level. Receives technical
advice from supervisor or engineer; work is reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions). May
have frequent contact with professionals, customers, and others within the establishment. Installs and maintains
Counter Remote-controlled improvised explosive device Electronic Warfare (CREW) system hardware on test
vehicles. Loads CREW configuration and verifies proper system operation. Performs other duties as required to
complete the assigned mission. Mentors junior technicians. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining
Pay Rate: $23.98/hour
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have one of the following: five (5) years’ electro-mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation related experience, OR Associate’s Degree or Military training in related field, and three (3) years’ directly-related
• Experience in using spectrum analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, multi-meters and ohmmeters for measurement of RF, VSWR, and Desensitization.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and possess the ability to quickly learn and use various computer applications.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Advanced Communications.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
• Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
• Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
• Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
• Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
• Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
• Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
• Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
• Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
• Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
• Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
• Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
• Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
• Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
• Must work well with others and demonstrate good customer service attributes.
• The ability to maintain accurate records; adhere to documented procedures, accurately read routine reports and correspondence, perform clerical functions as required, and work cooperatively within a team environment.
• Must be able to maintain own tools to the minimum requirement by the company.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Knowledge of installation, maintenance and operation of CREW systems, tactical radios, and Blue Force
• Knowledge of COSITE and Electric Magnetic Environment (EME) simulation.
• Knowledge of signal generators and amplifiers for creating an RF environment.
• Have a strong understanding of RF concepts and terms.
• Experience with MANCAT software.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
• Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information:
• TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
• TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
• TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
• TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontractors. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the affiliate subcontracts.
Reopened on Web: June 21, 2018
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please visit the TRAX Test Services website www.traxintl.com
and submit your online application.