Position SummaryArizona Oncology Associates is looking for a Registered Nurse. Come and join a team where you will have the opportunity to have a positive impact on cancer patients. Located in Beautiful Arizona, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- Nursing experience, preferably in an oncology environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN State license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Position is considering all levels of experience
- Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations. Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in company wide quality initiatives. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documents all elements of care.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid level provider.
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
- Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- TRAVEL BETWEEN PHOENIX SITES WILL BE REQUIRED
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients’ that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system. Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers.
United in Healing with The US Oncology Network
Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation’s largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.