Position SummaryCompany Overview:
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Research Team. CCCN develops and conducts more than 170 Phase I, Phase II and Phase III clinical research trials each year including genitourinary and gastrointestinal cancer treatments, radiation clinical trials, breast cancer and skin cancer. Motivated, caring professional are encouraged to join us.
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse at our Twain clinic in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The essential functions for the Clinical Research Nurse - Oncology include the following:
- Screens all potential and physician-referred patients for protocol eligibility. Maintains and submits monthly screening logs.
- Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, and participates in the informed consent process under the direction of the physician.
- Documents informed consent process and all components of protocol treatment. Participates in ongoing patient education. Coordinates scheduling of tests and treatments required for the protocol. Maintains research patient database according to US Oncology Research (USOR) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Assesses patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug, and thoroughly documents all findings.
- Works directly with the physician/investigator and clinic staff to ensure protocol compliance.
- Reports to practice operations and physicians regarding monthly accrual statistics and financial status. May be responsible for creating budgets for the research department. Coordinates payment of non-standard of care protocol-required procedures in order to be compliant with federal and state billing regulations.
- Ensures accurate and complete data collection, entry, and timely submission to central operations in accordance with USOR SOP.
- Coordinates research drug procurement and accountability records in accordance with USOR SOP.
- Participates in and supports all site auditing and monitoring visits.
- Maintains protocol regulatory documents in compliance with USOR SOP. Communicates, reviews, and documents weekly Regulatory Memoranda with physicians and other clinic staff as appropriate.
- Oversees local quality assurance program and develops appropriate action plans for quality improvement.
- Actively participates in protocol initiations and study specific educational programs. Communicates and collaborates on an ongoing basis with central operations.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all time through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA and the CDC. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
- Graduate from an accredited RN program and bachelors in science or healthcare field is required (BSN preferred).
- Three years of clinical research experience preferred
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in state of Nevada
- Current BLCS or ACLS certification required.
- SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, nursing assessment, clinical trials and GCP concepts
- Experience with computer data entry and database management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures such as protocols, informed consent documents and regulatory document
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have a passion for working with and providing assistance to patients.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
Still have more questions? Please call our Nursing Hotline at 702-435-2977 to speak to an Oncology Nursing Leader who can give you more information on starting or continuing your career in oncology nursing.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.