This nationwide Mortgage industry leader has an immediate contract to hire opening in Coppell, TX for an RPG / 400 Systems Analyst / Developer. Will provide support and maintenance for Loan Servicing Projects. Will also participate in discovery sessions with members of the user community to diagnose problems and/or to gain a better understanding or requested enhancements. Will at times document business requirements and translate them into technical designs.
- Perform analysis for Loan Servicing projects including documentation of business requirements and functional requirements.
- Application development and maintenance to existing systems on a variety of technical platforms.
- Participate in systems design sessions with users and business analysts to develop complete specifications that consider impacts to all systems.
- Assist the application support desk team in troubleshooting and resolving application system errors.
- Participate in programmer on call rotation during and after business hours.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities associated with new and evolving technologies and their ability to impact the business.
- Maintains a high level of personal commitment and accountability to the business with a focus on quality and customer service.
- Ability to work in a team environment, and communicate in a positive manner to team members, peers, customers, and external vendor
- Provide regular time tracking and project feedback data as requested.
- 10+ years of programming experience in all forms of RPG and CL in an AS/400 environment with Imbedded SQL, service programs, web services, commitment control, and error handling, Secured FTP and PGP.
- Systems integration, AS400 systems and security support, SQL, DB2 database concepts.
- 5+ years of experience in an IT role within Financial Services Industry, preferably Mortgage Servicing is preferred.
- Experience with change management tools (Implementer, Turnover, Arcad), RDI, XAnalysis, Hawkeye, ZMOD.
- Experience with LSAMS Servicing System is a plus.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and design.
- Proficiency in productivity tools required (MS Office, Lotus Notes).
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage multiple assignments.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to self-manage their workload to meet all expected delivery dates.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analysis and design skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve under pressure for short durations.
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree.