Radiation TherapistWillamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center – Central Oregon’s largest privately owned cancer care group – offers a myriad of treatments and services to their patients. At our Country Club Clinic, located just north of downtown Eugene, our patients can receive Radiation Oncology (RadOnc) services. Our dedicated RadOnc team is looking for a Radiation Therapist to become their newest member. As an integral part of the RadOnc care team, the Radiation Therapist would assist with the administration of radiation treatments to our patients. Other duties would include assisting with scheduling, making custom molds, and aiding the Radiation Oncologist in the treatment of our patients. Apply today and join the team that makes a difference in people’s lives.
Employment Type: Full Time – 0.9 FTE
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Eugene, OR
Under direct supervision, administers radiation therapy treatments to patients. Accuracy in positioning the beam of radiation to correspond with the designated tumor volume and accurately delivering the prescribed dose are paramount job functions. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately delivers and records radiation therapy treatments under the direction of a radiation oncologist and chief radiation therapist.
- Accurately enters and maintains patient treatment parameters into electronic medical record.
- Participates in clinical instruction of newly hired therapists and students.
- Assists in maintaining patient appointment schedule and submitting correct billing information.
- Accurately cuts blocks, when applicable.
- Accurately makes custom molds.
- Accurately completes simple mu calculations.
- Accurately interprets a computerized treatment plan.
- Maintains clean, safe, and organized work environment.
Experience and Education:
- Graduate of an accredited radiation therapy technology program.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Position is entry level and requires 0-3 years experience actively practicing as an RTT.
- ARRT certification required
- Must hold valid state license for radiation therapy
More About The Company
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center is an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends. We are committed to excellence which means providing the latest in cancer-fighting medical treatments and technologies.
Located in the beautiful Eugene-Springfield area, a mid-sized community where you can experience the splendor of all four seasons in a moderate climate. The South Willamette Valley is known for being wine country, and Eugene is a haven for wine lovers and craft beer enthusiasts. Superb skiing or a walk on the beach is within an hour's drive. Home to TrackTown USA and the University of Oregon, it's a mecca for runners and fans of track and football.
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, WVCI participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 75 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Eugene, Corvallis, and Springfield communities with three clinical offices located throughout the Central Oregon area.
To learn more about WVCI and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.oregoncancer.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.