Radiological Controls Technician
The Radiological Controls Technician (RCT) position offers hands-on experience in an industrial work environment including the performance of radiological surveys in support of Site operations, oversight of radiological work evolutions, and response to unexpected conditions. The RCT must uphold the radiological standards during the performance of work, use resources efficiently, and work independently with effective decision-making abilities.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a substantial and demanding qualification program to develop a high level of knowledge prior to functioning as a technician. The qualification includes Site-specific orientation and training, as well as the satisfactory completion of a 22-week course at the Radiological Controls Technician Qualification School (RCTQS) in Norfolk, Virginia. Initial qualification and future periodic re-qualification involves demonstration of practical abilities, written and oral examinations, and drills. Previous experience that the successful candidate possesses will be evaluated regarding the qualification requirements for this position. Candidate must be capable of passing a mathematical examination prior to attendance at the RCTQS that demonstrates the ability to solve algebraic equations, including the use of logarithmic functions and scientific notation. Qualified technicians will support and participate in a continuing training program to maintain and improve their level of knowledge.
- AAS in engineering, science, technology or Journeyman's Papers OR
- High school diploma with three years of relevant experience and successful completion of Radiological Controls Technician Qualification School (RCTQS) at Norfolk Naval Shipyard
- AAS in engineering, science, technology or Journeyman's Papers and a minimum of three years of relevant experience OR
- High school diploma with six years of relevant experience and successful completion of Radiological Controls Technician Qualification School (RCTQS) at Norfolk Naval Shipyard.
- Experience in Microsoft Office computer operations.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to perform activities requiring bending, stooping/squatting, kneeling/crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Must be able to understand complex verbal and written instructions and perform assignments requiring manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to successfully pass a periodic physical exam and drug screening test.
Click Here To Apply