Job ID: 137790
Conrad Yelvington Distributors, Inc., a CRH company, supplies and distributes aggregate materials such as granite, river gravel, limestone, natural sand, and more. This rail served aggregate distribution network covers Florida, Southern Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama.
Employee support the CYD railcar and locomotive maintenance program by gathering, maintaining and interpreting data. Provides insight into fleet performance and economics. Use analytical tools to identify opportunities for improving asset utilization. Oversees and seeks resolution to demurrage disputes, lease agreements and external repair costs associated with the CYD railcar fleet. Presents reports to senior management for use in decision making and strategic planning.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Produce forecasts and implement processes to improve business systems used to manage CYD locomotive and railcar fleets
- Assist CYD terminals with defective railcar reporting to ensure compliance with AAR/FRA regulations.
- Reconcile and process Lease Invoices, sent to AP for payment monthly.
- Monitors and communicates changes to fleet contracts/agreements between vendors railroads and CYD
- Communicates CSXT 8100 bi-annual changes in demurrage or storage fees.
- Maintain appropriate ad valorem and insurance data for railcar fleet annually.
- Use Railcar RX Insight data to make proactive shopping decisions on railcars that could potentially become defective, thereby controlling external repair costs.
- Produce all relevant graphs, charts and draft narrative for weekly and monthly reporting to senior management.
- Maintains a professional attitude while interacting with peers, management and general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily according to CYD guidelines and standards.
- Five years of Railroad Management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Software experience:
- Microsoft Office
- Ship CSX preferred
- Railcar RX preferred
- Viewpoint preferred
- Solomon preferred
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, criminal background check and driving record review.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule including: nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be legally authorized to work in The United States.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to safety.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Conrad Yelvington Distributors, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.