Job ID: 143002
River Bend Sand & Gravel, a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
We are creating a team of highly skilled people working safely to build long-term relationships with our customers and communities. Integrity, superior quality and exceptional service will continue to be the foundation of our future.
Drive truck equipped with concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to job sites and perform specific customer service tasks. Primarily work 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Will also be required to work more hours, per DOT regulations, and up to 7 days per week as needed during the busy construction season. This position may require traveling for extended periods of time to perform the job duties at various jobsite locations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- May add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to concrete mix
- Ensure quality of product delivered, slump, etc.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and chutes, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete construction techniques. Tactfully inform customer of concrete working methods and improper forms as appropriate.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
- Perform other related duties as required or directed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- Subject to pre-employment drug testing and physical testing.
- Basic mechanical skills preferred
- Must possess a valid state commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A or Class B with tanker endorsement
- Must possess a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
River Bend Sand & Gravel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.