National Real Estate Development Company, headquartered in Columbus, Ohio is seeking a Real Estate Development Project Manager. Ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, experience in multi-family or senior housing development, management of third party lenders, and the ability to manage projects to be completed on time, within budget and in line with the company strategy.
Project Manager is responsible for bringing projects from concept to completion, managing the project delivery process to achieve successful implementation of the firm's real estate development projects in collaboration with local partners through the development process and turnover to operations and management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experienced in project management for construction development of multi-family housing as well as commercial development projects of $30 million and above
- Ability to plan, oversee and finalize projects in accordance to the plans, strict deadlines, within budget & guidelines (Including management of change orders, RFIs, exposure on the project, etc.)
- Establish and oversee the project schedule and lead the team in completing required tasks and deliverables on the critical path to complete the project and achieve capital events including financial closing, construction completion and operating stabilization.
- Manages turnover process to ensure a smooth handoff in a timely manner at initial closing, and with the property management team to transition the project from construction to operations.
- Leadership experience overseeing project budget, coordination of efforts and teams including third party contractors and consultants
- Provide oversight of quality control including safety throughout the project life cycle (pre-development, infrastructure, design and planning, construction administration, budget & contract administration to final completion)
- Strong communication and public speaking to effectively communicate project expectations, deliverables, and/or concerns to team members and stakeholders in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain vendor/contractor communications concerning work timelines, billings, and regulations requirements (reporting, inclusion efforts, etc.)
- Estimate and track project milestones and deliverables (timely draws, feedback, monitoring)
- Familiarity with AIA documents, blueprints, RFIs, ASIs, change orders, budget management, OSHA, Certified Payroll, and HUD requirements including Section 3, MBE/WBE Inclusion efforts and compliance
- Oversees establishment and achievement of project goals for economic development opportunities, including creation of local employment and business opportunities for community residents, and minority, women, and Section3 owned businesses.
- Attend regular meetings and be available for special meetings including community outreach and zoning
- Manage submission of proper permits, safety regulations, and other documentation related to the project
- Other duties as assigned
- More than 10 years of work experience in real estate, community and/or economic development is essential. Specific experience in residential rental and affordable housing, mixed income, and mixed-use development using various tax credit programs.
- Demonstrated leadership overseeing the project development process from concept to completion and lease-up and into operations.
- Experience in the entitlement process and navigating community and local approvals to achieve development approvals.
- Experience leading community outreach and participation programs, building relationships with civic and political leaders/influencers, acting as community liaison to build awareness and support for proposed development projects, and managing conflicts to achieve consensus or other acceptable resolution.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage a multidisciplinary team including design and construction, and property management.