Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Daiichi Sankyo Group Company, is dedicated to the development and marketing of innovative, quality drugs and medical devices for healthcare professionals, clinics, and hospitals across the United States and Canada. We specialize in sterile injectables, as well as innovative products for veterinary medicine use.
The Rebate Analyst will accurately adjudicate Group Purchasing Organization and IDN contracts based upon proper evaluation and interpretation. Assure the timely payment of contractual rebate and Fee for Service obligations to customers. Utilize rebate processing and validation systems, and complete detailed calculations and analysis of rebate payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- GPO Contracts: Accountable for all aspects of the admin fee/rebate process including monthly/quarterly payments, pay for performance, or other incentives paid directly to the GPO
- Wholesaler FFS: Accountable for all aspects of the Fee for Service process including monthly/quarterly payments for data and services.
- Collaboration with our business partners to initiate business process continuous improvement activities, conduct root cause analysis, determine error prevention solutions, and validate previous or current GPO payments
- Partner with Contracts, Finance and BD functional teams to responsively address GPO admin fee related issues
- Participate in the design and implementation of a more efficient end to end GPO admin fee payment process for the GPO customer base in order to mitigate and control fee payment disputes
- Assist leadership with creating and implementing governance processes to ensure standardization and efficient contracting policies, procedures, and processes to harmonize all aspects of contract execution and operations with the appropriate flexibility to meet customer/market needs and dynamics across all business offerings
- Assist in the review of annual fee budget and quarterly projections for applicable agreements to support Finance and ensure appropriate incorporation into budgets and projections
- Assist as needed in National/Regional GPO audits with respect to administrative fees by coordinating and communicating high quality findings/responses to the GPO’s in a timely manner
- Validate customer master data with regards to GPO roster demographics to include GLN, Hospital IDs, and HINs as appropriate and working with the GPO Membership team to resolve any discrepancies
- Be accountable for key metrics; KPI’s (key performance indicators), SLA’s (service level agreements), and IIG’s in order to meet the strategic goals of the organization
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.A. / B.S. (or significant progress toward a degree) required, with degrees in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- +2 years’ work experience of an analytical or financial nature.
- Working knowledge of the aspects of financial profitability, both from an individual product or from a company standpoint will be considered.
- Working knowledge and proficiency of analytical computer programs, e.g., Excel, Access, Word, is essential. Additional knowledge and proficiency with other financial or contracting systems will be considered beneficial.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry – Medicare hospitals, wholesalers, GPO’s will be considered highly desired.
- Knowledge of Generic Pharmaceutical Industry highly desired.
- Ability to devise new approaches, methods and systems in response to the changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to ensure ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Excellent analytical and contract interpretation skills.