The position is responsible for manual and clerical duties which include receiving and stocking a widely diversified array of raw materials finish goods and equipment in a warehouse and production setting. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Newton NJ from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations. Work hours are 10:30am - 7pm.
Essential Job Functions include the following but are not limited to:
- Assists in accurately and efficiently receiving goods at time of delivery checking received goods against documentation and aides in unloading the delivery vehicle and using Axapta or RF Smart Systems.
- Ensures all products requiring incoming inspection are directed to appropriate personnel.
- Frequently moves inventory in a timely manner from one location to another by using if needed pallet jacks hand trucks and wheels carts and freight elevators.
- Communicates with buyers or planners to rectify problems such damage overages shortages and non-conformance to specifications. Ensure all products requiring incoming inspection are directed to the appropriate department.
- Maintains an excellent track record of superior customer service in cooperating with internal and external customers as well as demonstrates a consistent and professional disposition at all times.
- Coordinating the subcontracting Services for the shop which includes the following:
- Confirming incoming and outgoing parts for anodizing.
- Splitting/revising production orders
- Maintaining a parts list of product being shipped each day
- Complies with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Minimum 2 years of warehouse distribution or receiving experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with using a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Outlook Excel and Axapta.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing priorities.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY