Cascade Farm and Outdoor is looking for a receiving clerk to join our growing team.
About our company
Cascade Farm and Outdoor has been doing business in the Northwest since 2013. As the newest member of the Bi-Mart family Cascade Farm and Outdoor is committed to quality and value throughout our stores. Our goal is to offer a helping hand to the hard working farmers, ranchers, and homeowners by providing a great selection of quality merchandise. We currently have two stores located in Walla Walla, WA and Coos Bay, OR. We are excited to be opening our third store in Keizer, OR summer 2019.
- Competitive wages
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Personal Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Fun company events
The receiving clerk is responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders.
- Receive, inspect, and record shipments
- Unload packages from incoming trucks
- Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify packages according to order and invoices
- Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
- Allocate deliveries to their designated place
- Be extremely organized with both job duties and work area.
- Complete duties, often under tight time constraints, accurately and by deadlines.
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by store management
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Strong understanding of health and safety regulations
- Ability to positively interact with others
- Maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to read English and write it legibly
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Ability to analyze, reason, and make decisions
- Ability to learn and retain new skills
- Previous retail experience
- Previous experience as a receiving clerk
- High school diploma or GED
Do you have what we're looking for? Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Cascade Farm and Outdoor. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.