Are you someone that has insatiable curiosity, always digging deeper to understand or innovate? Do you thrive when collaborating with others?
Founded over 35 years ago, Marx|Okubo is an employee-owned architecture, engineering and construction consulting firm with nine offices across the country. We work with real estate owners, investors and lenders—at every point of the property lifecycle—to evaluate their building projects, solve complex challenges and implement tailored solutions. We help clients understand their projects’ complexities so they can make more informed decisions and, ultimately, mitigate their risk.
Because of our need to uncover details with a 360-view, as well as continually evolve and hold ourselves—and the industry—to a higher standard, we have earned a reputation as “the gold standard” in what we do.
Here at Marx|Okubo, we are a team of collaborative, bright and seasoned architects, engineers, construction and real estate professionals, with projects nationwide. We have broad technical expertise, yet deep local knowledge. We value collaboration, and we never stop learning. We truly value our different backgrounds and what each individual brings to the team. We genuinely care about and get to know our clients. And we care about balance—we are family-focused and work hard and play hard. As for loyalty, it is never lost on us and gets rewarded in many ways.
What’s more? Our benefits happen to be some of the most progressive and competitive you will find in the industry. Here are a few highlights: Vested in you: As we are an ESOP, each employee owns a portion of the company.
- Planning for your future: We have a 30% match on 401(k) contributions.
- Staying healthy: We contribute 100% of employee health premiums.
- Commitment to your growth: We want to see our employees grow—when new positions arise, existing employees are considered first.
- Supporting education: We encourage continuing education and provide education/licensure/ tuition benefits.
In most offices, the receptionist role is not a standalone position, and the duties are assigned to project administrators.
This is an hourly position and represents the primary point contact for all incoming phone related activities. This person should be viewed as the initial marketing interaction/first impression for Marx|Okubo and should be pleasant and articulate in their demeanor in handling phone calls. The primary responsibilities of this position are to answer incoming phone calls, properly route calls to correct persons and take precise and accurate messages when callers do not care to leave a voice mail. This employee should be able to handle numerous incoming phone calls at once, understand the importance of this role as it relates to client interaction, and forward messages and other information (mail and deliveries) to other employees in a timely and efficient manner.
This employee should also be familiar with major word processing and spreadsheet applications of the organization.
Summary of major responsibilities:
- Report development
- Reporting information to client
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, CRM
Duties and responsibilities
- Keep track and log receipt and transmittal of all drawings, plans, project information, overnight packages, etc.
- Open and date-stamp all mail each day, with any exceptions as directed by the office manager. Ensure that outgoing mail is dropped off or picked up each day.
- Coordinate and oversee end-of-day outgoing FedEx packages.
- Order and check in all office supplies as directed by the office manager.
- Know the whereabouts of all personnel at all times.
To apply, please submit a resume to Sable_Mendoza@marxokubo.comHelp Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.