ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Greet, welcome and announce clients and visitors to the office.
- Answer telephones (internal and external calls); take and transmit messages to office personnel, clients and visitors.
- Assign visiting attorney offices maintain the log.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Serve as Receptionist for special office events (conferences, symposia, training programs), and direct outside visitors to their destinations.
- Utilize EMS to book conference rooms for meetings.
- Notify Office Administrator of security concerns.
- Perform clerical and administrative projects as assigned by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of and proficiency on telephone and voicemail systems, including basic and advanced functions
- Articulate telephone manner and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures for conference room and food service scheduling
- Ability to handle difficult situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Familiarity with office and firm personnel
- Familiarity with office space (location of specific departments, offices, conference rooms, etc.)
- Demonstrated professionalism, poise and confidence
- Proficient knowledge of EMS a plus
- Ability to operate office equipment and technology used on a regular basis, including computers and telephones
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work with a wide range of people in a team setting
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, vendors and others outside the firm
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the department, office and firm
- Strong service orientation
- Legible handwriting
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
EDUCATIONAL/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience as a Receptionist, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment