Responsible for operating telephone/communication center and serving as the information/referral center for all residents, staff, and departments. Provides services and support to staff in a manner that meets or exceeds community expectations.
Hours: Part Time, Every Other Sunday
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a cheerful and marketing oriented way, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers general questions about the community and provides callers with address, directions, and other information and refers other specific questions to appropriate staff.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains copy and fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Collects rent checks from residents and family members and provides needed information to Business Office Assistant..
- Collects money for meal tickets, etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to operate: telephone, emergency call system, monitoring board or beeper, photocopier. Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
If you are interested in applying or know someone to refer for the position please fax or e-mail resume to 781-331-4422 or email@example.com