Job ID: 140070
Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States and Canada. Our operations span North America with 22,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 US States and 8 Canadian provinces.
The Recruiter position is responsible for making connections across the region to create recruiting pipelines to meet our hiring demands; at schools of all levels, military, community, etc. This position must possess considerable skill in building relationships with recruiting sources, interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- The recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting; recruit, screen and recommended placement of staff by using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
- Partners with generalists and hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Drive recruitment efforts across the region. Will work very closely with company HR representatives.
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies and advertising agencies, process and check advertising agency billings, record status of authorized positions within the corporations, employment verifications, and employee referral program.
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates.
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) in order to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Assists internal transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager, transfer offer letter, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to ensure updated information on the interview process status.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (i.e. benefits, compensation, pre-screenings, etc.).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations including Affirmative Action Plan compliance.
- Assists in managing current candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Assists with application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Follow up with the related clerical aspects of employment, such as; employment forms notifying the department of employee's starting date and the requisition the employee is filling, etc.
- Screens resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in person), administer appropriate assessments, reference/background checking, make recommendations for hire (or not hire) and deliver employment offers for non-exempt position openings within an assigned territory.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school graduate supplemented by appropriate college level coursework required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline preferred.
- Experience with recruitment and HR administration strongly preferred.
- Experience in a construction environment preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required. Up to 25 percent travel. During the peak recruitment season it could be up to 50 percent travel.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency of MS Excel and Word applications required.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands.
- Ability to drive long distances to recruiting events.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Standard office environment.
- Travel to recruiting sites.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.