The Washington office of Baker Botts L.L.P. has an opening for a temporary Recruiting Intern. While the start date is somewhat flexible, we are looking for someone from June 2018 - August 2018. The Seasonal Recruiting Intern, under the supervision of the Recruiting Manager, will support the summer associate and fall recruiting programs, lawyer on-boarding and special projects. The intern will work closely with the local Hiring Partner, Recruiting Manager, Recruiting Coordinator and Employment Committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administrative tasks for the Recruiting Manager including:
- Maintaining recruiting database, applicant tracking, generating all correspondence, statistical reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of all aspects of the Summer Associate Program including on-boarding/off-boarding, work assignments and evaluations, advisor programs, budget tracking, and event planning and attendance.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of all aspects of the fall and spring law school on-campus interviews.
- Assisting with coordinating callback interviews and the offer process.
- Assisting with entry level associate on-boarding.
- Assisting the Recruiting Manager with professional development initiatives and lateral hiring on an as needed basis.
- Assist with any other tasks and special projects assigned by the Hiring Partner and/or Recruiting Manager.
- High school diploma is required, some college courses preferred.
- A minimum of six months experience in a legal or professional services office environment is required.
- Strong technical skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Client Service Orientation: must have exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Occasional travel and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- This position requires substantial contact with partners, associates and law school students.
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience, and ability to maintain effective relationships with co-workers and employees.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional appearance.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to details.
- Ability to act in a professional manner with a strong customer service focus.
Baker Botts L.L.P. is a Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Baker Botts is subject to Executive Order 11246 and is required to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Baker Botts considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local.