The individual in this role will lead the Adversary Tactics Development Modeling, Simulation, and & Analysis focus area for the Systems Analysis & Simulation team within the Global Strategy and Mission Solutions organization. Adversary Tactics will be applied across surveillance and strike systems in highly contested environments, advanced weapon concepts, and maritime domain & permissive ISR&T assessments.
The Red Tactics Development MS&A Lead 4 will lead development of new and existing system simulation frameworks, performance models, and algorithms, to identify, integrate, and accurately represent specific adversary tactics to challenge the effectiveness of advanced blue concepts and architectures, and convey results of those studies through effective visualizations. Activities include supporting military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, and military utility assessments.
- Apply knowledge of and create complex adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures to support adversary kill chains across multiple security environments, advanced programs, architectures, and platforms
- Lead a team providing adversary tactics and CONOPS modeling, simulation, and analysis support to accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and related research and development projects.
- This MS&A lead's team will develop and translate adversary CONEMPs and related tactics into modeled simulation behaviors in AFSIM, Suppressor, and other mission-level models
- Lead mission engineering activities to challenge performance capabilities of new systems and architectures; develop mission relevant scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities representing the adversary in the threat environment
- Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities, and communicate technical capabilities and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of9 years (7 years with a Masters,4 years with a PhD) of systems integration experience
- Must have a strong analytical background including Monte Carlo analysis and statistical regression.
- Must have MATLAB fluency, including data visualization, scripting, and functional programming.
- Must have an ability to read C++ code.
- Must have knowledge of radar fundamentals.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret or DoD Secret with SCI access.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
-Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
-Familiarity with Linux and/or Unix-based development.
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle manager interfaces.
- Software development experience using C++ or another Object-Oriented language.
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR.
- Familiarity with USAF modeling and simulation tools (AFSIM, Suppressor, ESAMS, BRAWLER, etc)
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Current full DoD TOP SECRET clearance w/ SCI.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.