About The Company: We are currently seeking candidates for Referral Authorization Specialist(s) located in the Greater Boston Area. The position is with a very successful Cancer Center providing exceptional care to patients of all ages with cancer, HIV/AIDs, and other related diseases.. This is an outstanding opportunity to get your foot in the door with a great company and learn from some of the best in the industry. All candidates considered must have knowledge of the science/healthcare industry and strong analysis expertise. Ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Pre-Register of new patients through inbound/outbound patient calls
• Accurately document patient demographic, financial, and other relevant personal information into hospital information system
• Verify insurance eligibility and benefits utilizing payer website and or calling insurance carriers during pre-registration
• Responsible for conducting registration interviews with new patients prior to their initial visit
• Review and update changes to patient insurance and/or demographic information as needed
• Manage referral and authorization information as assigned through daily work queues and document activity into the hospital information system
• On a regular basis, communicate with physicians and other medical providers regarding clinical questions for referrals and authorizations needs
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; preference degree in healthcare/business administration or health science related field
• 0-2 years relevant work experience; including healthcare/business administration, health insurance, medical policy/chart review, nursing, and/or other allied health fields
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Office suite experience
• Project Management experience (preferred)
This is a 3+ month contract engagement that will pay $18.00 an hour within a 40 hour work week and has the potential to convert into a full-time position. If you are interested in hearing more about the position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.