Status: Full Time Employee
Job Category: Customer/Member Relations
Relevant Work Experience: 4+ years
Career Level: Intermediate
Education: 4 year degree required
Travel: up to 30%, mostly international
Location: Kirkland, WA
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the company at the heart of the growing Internet of Things, is hiring! The Bluetooth SIG advances awareness of Bluetooth worldwide, oversees the development of new generations of Bluetooth technology, and provides the processes and tools for developers and product manufacturers around the world to build, test, qualify, and brand products that live up to the Bluetooth promise of interoperability.
Our critical role in making the Internet of Things a reality provides you with a unique opportunity to collaborate with the companies that are creating the world’s most advanced products and for you to be a part of the forefront of technology innovation.
At the Bluetooth SIG, our values are at the core of who we are and are displayed on a daily basis as we cultivate relationships with our members, business partners and our organization. When joining the
Bluetooth SIG, it means you share and display these values at the highest level: collaboration, commitment, integrity, respect, humility and creativity.
At the Bluetooth SIG, you have the opportunity to work with one of the most recognizable global wireless brands. To date, the Japan/APAC region has over 5,000 members, ranging from leading high-tech companies to small, innovative start-ups, all of them looking to take advantage of the fastest growing wireless technology in the industry. Each month, over 150 companies’ worldwide join the Bluetooth SIG globally to develop and sell new Bluetooth products.
The goal of the Member Development and Relations team is to deliver excellent membership support for the organization. As the Regional Account Manager for the Japan/APAC region, you will be the Bluetooth SIG representative for members in Japan, South Korea, India, Australia and other countries in the Asia Pacific region.
You will own membership matters and inquiries for member companies in the Japan/APAC region, and act as their point of contact with the Bluetooth SIG. You will establish strong relationships with member companies, and will work with other staff to provide the best solution for the member and the SIG. You will perform membership operations such as updates to member accounts, and membership upgrades, renewals, and downgrades between different membership levels. You will obtain an excellent understanding of the membership policies, and be able to help our members adhere to the membership policies and procedures. In this member-facing role, you must be highly professional, courteous, and very detailed-oriented. You must also have excellent communication skills in Japanese and English.
For the team, you will represent our Japan/APAC members, providing regional-specific insights and feedback to the team to continuously improve on how we can support our members. Together with the other individuals in the global Member Development & Relations team, you will work on global projects, cross-team initiatives and regional campaigns to help reach the goals of the SIG as a whole.
This role is located in Kirkland, WA, and works directly with the Director of Membership Programs. To accommodate time zone differences between APAC countries and the US, the role is expected to work in the evenings, Pacific Time. A typical day’s schedule will be 11AM – 7PM.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the main contact for the Japan/APAC member companies regarding any Bluetooth SIG related matters.
- Initiate and lead meetings with member companies to drive engagement with Bluetooth SIG programs, update member profiles, expand relationships and gather feedback.
- Provide first-tier support for Japan/APAC members on questions relating to membership; and helping solve member questions with other Bluetooth SIG staff. Maintain and promote SLA for membership support.
- Perform membership operations such as membership renewals, upgrades, downgrades, etc. for the Japan/APAC region.
- Understand and enforce membership policies and procedures with Japan/APAC members.
- Maintain membership account information accurately in the membership CRM system.
- Be a point of contact for the Bluetooth SIG for matters relating to the Japan/APAC region and members -- provide feedback specific to the region, recommend regional programs to promote membership growth and engagement.
- Provide ongoing business update reports on regional membership, growth and retention.
- Assist brand and qualification/listing program managers to follow-up with brand or qualification/listing violation issues in the Japan/APAC region.
- Track and analyze membership data to determine program performance, assess trends and identify opportunities.
- Assist with local programs and organizing Bluetooth SIG events for Japan/APAC members as needed.
- Provide localization guidance for Japan, and copywriting in Japanese as needed for member communication, including email, knowledge base articles and other documentation.
- Travel as needed to meet with member companies as well as participation in regional events like Bluetooth Asia (4 - 6 times a year).
Global / Team & Organizational-Wide:
- Partner, assist and work cross functionally to support global member programs (e.g. Associate Member Director)
- Manage SLA and triage of membership issues (via support ticket system)
- Manage and execute new member applications and onboarding
- Manage and execute membership-related projects (e.g. Holiday cards)
Skills & Requirements
- Fluency in Japanese (spoken and written)
- Professional working proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- 4+ years in related, professional work experience in Customer / Membership Relations Management or Account Management
- Bachelor's degree in Business or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Very organized and detailed oriented
- High level of professionalism in delivering customer service
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environment
- Very strong communication skills; ability to merge business and technical concepts and terminology
- Strong skills in maintaining and supporting relationships at all levels within a company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in tracking and analyzing data to provide reporting (e.g. renewals, upgrades, etc.)
- Enjoys helping people and working collaboratively
- 2+ years’ experience in the wireless / technology industry
- Proficiency in Excel working with formulas and pivot tables
- Experience working internationally, particularly with customers located in different countries
- Proficient with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Proficiency in other languages a strong plus to support Managers in different regions
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bluetooth SIG, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, National Guard or reserve unit obligation, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with applicable federal and state law, Bluetooth SIG, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment to a job, employment practice, or the work environment that makes it possible for an individual with a disability to enjoy an equal employment opportunity. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.