Job ID: 139520
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
- The Regional Engineering Manager shall oversee all Engineering, Drafting and Quality Control Departments for three precast facilities in Avon, CT, Middle Island, LI, NY and Rehoboth, MA.
- The Engineer Manager shall work on various engineering and technical projects, as well as continuous improvements in manufacturing.
- These projects and duties can vary greatly based on the current needs of the plants.
- This position will require a Professional Engineer (PE) license in one of the states; Connecticut, NY, MA, or RI with the ability to add the others within 1-year, structural precast concrete design experience, and the ability to prepare and stamp calculations for precast concrete plants.
- The Engineering Manager must demonstrate the ability to work with specifiers and owners to get our precast products incorporated into project designs.
- He/she will also need experience in managing engineers, drafters, and/or Quality Control personnel.
- The manager should be able to demonstrate presentation skills to work comfortably in front of a group.
- There will be occasional overnight travel to plants, job sites and meeting/seminar locations across the region, as needed by current projects being worked on.
- Typical travel time is approximately 25%.
- Manage product design, calculations, drawings, estimating, quotes, production, delivery and installation of precast products. Assist Plants with Engineering design and production; and improvements to design and production processes.
- Manage Engineers to ensure both CAD and QC Departments are running effectively.
- Oversee Drafting Departments to improving efficiency and quality of drawings.
- Develop and provide information on Best Practices in the Engineering and Production department (rebar reduction, form improvements, efficiency improvements, mix designs, etc.).
- Oversee the Quality Control/Quality Assurance Programs at the plants. Provide guidance and broad direction to the QC personnel.
- Provide technical assistance and perform technical sales presentations in front of a group.
- Provide engineering and development to new and existing products using design programs such as SAP 2000, RISA 3D, AutoCAD, Excel spreadsheets, Mathcad, etc.
Qualifications (Education/Experience) and Required Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineering (PE) in one of the states of Connecticut, NY, MA, or RI with the ability to add the others within 1 year.
- 5+ years of structural design experience (concrete preferred) and minimum of 2 years of management related work experience
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret drawings, and be able to perform structural designs for such products as box culverts, bridges and specialty structures.
- Must be able to use a variety of computer programs, including AutoCAD, FEA, Word, MathCAD, Excel
- Must have good organization and communication skills
- Must be able to interact with customers, managers, engineers, drafters and other employees to resolve engineering and management related issues.
- Must be a problem solver and detailed-oriented person.
- Needs to be a “hands on” personality who can deal with going from an office environment to a plant of field environment
- Ability to learn the Oldcastle Precast management structure and MIS system as necessary
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.