Job ID: 140039
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Precast is searching for an experienced and business-centric HR Director to drive people and performance initiatives in our Oldcastle Precast division. Reporting directly to the Regional President in this critical role you will work with Leadership Team peers to develop HR strategy to support business growth while also becoming a trusted partner to the business responsible for driving execution of strategies around Performance Management, Policy and Procedure, Talent Development and Culture.
- Partner with Group HR Vice President, Operations and Business Leaders to develop and implement strategic HR/business objectives.
- Major focus on talent development and performance management tools and utilization
- Work closely with Regional Business Leaders to identify and develop high potential individuals
- Understand the business and HR’s impact on the results.
- Represent the voice of the operating sites.
- Partner with corporate HR Centers effectively implement initiatives while providing guidance and support locally.
- Drive accurate and timely completion of HR processes including performance management, salary planning, annual training, affirmative action, etc.
- Counsel leadership teams on development and implementation of effective policies and procedures which support achievement of company goals in a manner that is consistent of core values.
- Provide guidance to managers regarding employee relations issues
- Ensure consistent, timely, and accurate application and compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Support any pending legal action including arbitration, EEOC, NLRB, ULP, and/or third party lawsuits
- Provide guidance and partner with locations and corporate labor relations to develop and execute short and long term labor relations strategies
- Discover, create, and lead sharing of best practices as well as identify issues or opportunities in the operations and develop solutions to address
- Work directly with plant and human resource managers to create and implement meaningful succession strategies and development plans that continue to feed and grow the talent pipeline
- Assess, coach, develop, and mentor site HR Managers
- Proactively network and recruit to build professional network in anticipation of talent needs within the company
- Monitor key business metrics and utilize workforce analytics to identify areas of concern and support the creation and execution of action plans to address any threats
- Work with leadership teams to develop local culture improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with HR specialty or focus preferred
- 8+ years of progressive Human Resources leadership experience with demonstrable success as HR business partner
- Working knowledge and experience in talent management, talent development and succession planning processes and programs
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a fast-paced, manufacturing environment is essential
- Must be willing to travel 40% - 50%, mostly within region, with peak periods of higher travel as needed
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.