OUR CLIENT is an innovator in the wastewater treatment industry, driven to help industrial and municipal customers find wastewater treatment solutions that deliver clean water, perform better, recover resources and save money. The company is passionate and adaptable and is changing the world through expertly engineered products and technologies. They were founded in 1998, upon a mission that still stands today: to purify our future world environment.
The Regional Industrial Sales Manager -West is responsible for generating and maintaining business within their assigned territory to meet sales targets while maintaining a positive company relationship with all parties in the sales channel.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with decision-makers.
- Prospect for new clients and projects.
- Maintain and grow existing OEM business.
- Meet and exceed sales and margin targets for the assigned region.
- Formulate bid strategies.
- Coordinate activities amongst engineering and costing teams.
- Review proposals and final costing.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Track and report all major industrial projects within the region.
- Monitor key client and industry actions and update the database.
- Monitor competitor activities and complete an annual business plan for the region.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of wastewater treatment system sales experience.
- Demonstration of solid industrial client contacts with a positive track record of interactions.
- Ability to prospect and close sales with successful techniques.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Understanding of the general building blocks of Wastewater treatment systems including Screens, Dissolved Air Flotation, Biological systems, and related wastewater treatment technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products with the ability to efficiently use them.
- Strong communication skills, both on an individual level and speaking before large groups.
- Ability to present information to others with various levels of wastewater knowledge and background.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to initiate sales activities.
- Organizational skills to coordinate multiple large projects at several locations simultaneously.
- High level of integrity, trust, and personal accountability.
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage time for maximized productivity.
- Excellent EH&S awareness and the ability to travel.