You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Regional Maintenance Managers and be a part of The Dayton Difference.
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It’s apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
As Regional Maintenance Manager, you will oversee regions vendors and shops to achieve maximum maintenance performance and profit objectives in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Additional Job Duties:
- Responsible for all shops in the region
- Oversee all vendors in the region and ensure repairs are completed to DFL standards
- Visit all Service Centers in the Region a minimum of 3 times per year
- Work with Service Center Managers on repair needs
- Observe, inspect and measure proficiencies in maintenance personnel to determine changes in work practices and/or procedures necessary to improve overall maintenance operations
- Work to meet goals of preventive maintenance for the region
- Maintain superior internal and external customer relations consistent with company policies
- Receive constructive criticism and praise in a business-like fashion and maintain a professional, positive attitude
- Assist in the training, development and evaluation of maintenance personnel work performance and recommend or initiate personnel record documentation
- Recruit prospective subordinate employees; including screening, qualifying and interviewing
- Ensure maintenance facilities conform to prescribed standards of safety and cleanliness
- Assist in the investigation of all accidents and job related injuries and ensure report preparation is timely and accurate with corresponding corrective actions initiated
- Display knowledge, understanding and application of company safety practices including; DOT, EPA, ICC and OSHA rules and regulations and ensure worker compliance
- Continuously improve processes
- Experience supervising/managing others
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year
- Excellent communication skills
- Stable and growing organization
- Competitive weekly pay
- Quick advancement
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, 401(k), etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days