Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a leader within the sales organization position responsible for achieving sales plan within assigned sales channel(s) for a multi-brand automotive and heavy-duty filtration and performance parts manufacturer.
The position will perform strategic and sales planning to drive growth through product line expansion, new customer acquisition and development of existing customer sales. The role will be responsible for leading a regional sales team working with traditional warehouse distributor customers on annual strategic planning, yearlong promotion plans, selling in new products, forecasting, customer field support and new business development including Direct and in-direct prospects.
The position will direct traditional sales policies and practices as well as recommend new initiatives based on experience, research and competitive analysis. The position will also implement and direct incentive sales compensation programs and other methods for promoting growth across multiple brands.
Experience, Skills & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field or equivalent business experience
- Forecasting and promotion planning and associated analytics
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead salespeople and get results through management and training in an automotive aftermarket company.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the automotive and heavy-duty aftermarket, OE dealer and specialty channels of the aftermarket.
- Responsible for conducting customer trend analysis, monitoring external and internal environment for development of new market segments, gap analysis, competitor analysis and market share data.
- Develop the process and conduct Business Reviews with the customers
- Drive regular internal quarterly sales and business reviews
- Responsible for evaluating market issues to determine how competitive and current our program with the latest trends in the industry ongoing product and service offerings
- Support business financial objectives through market and customer intelligence to ensure accurate planning and forecasting. Drive sales and profitability through continuous improvement activities.
- Fully accountable for sales, sales strategy including deployment of human resources, expense management, and profitability of the entire sales channel.
- Maintain a professional sales culture within the sales organization embracing communication, integrity, teamwork and sales growth.
- Must have the ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-3-year time span.
- Experienced in strategic planning and program execution
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of Account Executives in the field and in formal training situations, provide overall direction, coordination and evaluation of sales personnel
Additional Qualities Preferred:
- MBA or equivalent business experience.
- Prior sales relationships with national automotive parts retailers and distributors.