Regional Sales Manager– Utah, Arizona, New Mexico
The Carlisle Group has been retained to seek a talented Regional Sales Manager. Our client is headquartered in Kansas City and writes personal lines and farm property casualty insurance in 18 states, and is seeking a proactive and highly motivated sale professional for the their Utah, Arizona and New Mexico territory.
Reporting directly to the Field Sales Director, job responsibilities include agency recruitment, training, and overall management of the sales process as assigned by the Field Sales Director in order to generate new business and retain existing business in the assigned territory. This position collaborates with and supports other Company Team Members in all areas related to the overall growth and success of the company’s mission.
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and a company car. Position can be located in either Utah, Arizona or New Mexico.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate and manage the Independent agency sales:
- Recruit, contract with, and set up new agencies and/or agency producers (sub-agents), within the assigned geographic territory.
- Establish expectations of agencies and/or agency producers (sub-agents) as relates to agency business, set goals, monitor performance, and provide feedback.
- Function as a liaison between agencies, agency producers and the Company insurance operations staff to promote teamwork.
- Contribute to the development of product and rate in the territory assigned by tracking and providing feedback on market conditions and competitiveness of the Company products in the marketplace.
- Develop a strong agency sales culture for appointed agencies by working with other departments to train, coach, and develop agency producers. Work with independent agency support personnel on sales techniques, available products, marketing, risk selection criteria, risk analysis, technology systems, and procedures.
- Develop Independent Agencies understanding of the Company’s values and overall corporate mission and culture in order to facilitated continued growth and partnership.
Collaborate with marketing personnel, the Field Sales Director, and others as needed to develop strategic plans and budgets to market through the Company’s independent agencies.
- A 4-year degree preferred; or equivalent relative work experience.
- At least 5 to 10 years of progressively more responsible Property Casualty Sales, Marketing and/or Underwriting experience.
- Previous insurance experience with a multi-state insurance organization utilizing an agency distribution model preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical skills and a thorough understanding of work flow and operational processes for Sales, Marketing, and Underwriting.
- Possess the self-confidence to thrive in an organization with a very compelling vision and strong values.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group settings.
- Ability to work effectively with teams, and individually. Show initiative, taking prompt, self directed action to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft office suite of applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be self-motivated and directed, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- An active driver’s license and ability to travel at least 65% to 80% of the time visiting agencies throughout assigned territory. Overnight travel required.
- Ability to work from home and establish an in-home office environment.