The BMW Group has partnered with h&z in a joint venture called The Retail Performance Company, LLC (rpc) with the objective of developing new levels of retail sales know how and service excellence. rpc focuses on enabling retail performance-relevant functions through training, coaching, consulting, and HR services and embodies a unique and focused capability to holistically integrate retail performance solutions on a global scale.
rpc has a dynamic and creative team. We’re offering a new, unique opportunity to help launch our HR Services line of the rpc business for the right candidates who have expertise and experience within the recruitment field – with a specific focus on automotive technician sourcing.
The Retail Performance Company is in search of four (4) Regional Technician Recruiters (RTRs) to support the BMW of North America (BMW NA) Dealer network. As rpc is founding its principle team, the candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit and have the desire to create solutions from the ground up, and have the ability to work independently.
OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION:
The BMW NA Dealerships have expressed a need for support around sourcing of quality automotive technicians and assistance with their recruitment processes and strategies. BMW NA has partnered with rpc to support the hire of a newly created RTR position to facilitate the recruiting process with BMW Dealers.
The RTR position is a full-time rpc, LLC role. Candidates will live within the respective BMW NA-assigned regional office (Atlanta, GA, Woodcliff Lake, NJ, Schaumburg, IL and Newbury Park, CA). RTRs will report to an rpc Project Manager and will receive direction from an assigned BMW NA Regional Team Lead and other assigned BMW NA team members with whom he/she will work closely to achieve the targets designated.
The RTRs will source a pool of technicians for assigned Dealers within respective regions and continue to enhance the technician talent of BMW Dealers. The RTRs must determine recruitment needs of Dealers to source appropriately while consulting on various recruitment aspects, including but not limited to: generating job postings, validating job descriptions, performing resume reviews and high-level screenings, coordinating local in-Dealer recruiting events with candidates, administering interviews, and utilizing pre-existing and available recruitment tools. The RTRs will build relationships with various schools and other affiliated organizations local to assigned Dealers and build a robust candidate pool for Dealer hiring consideration. He/she must have considerable knowledge of the automotive industry in order to understand and discuss detailed recruitment needs with all parties. The ability to adapt to various procedures and form relationships is essential in ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, quality, and client satisfaction can be achieved.
rpc is in search of candidates based in each regional area (Eastern, Western, Central, Southern). The position will be responsible for:
- Sourcing a robust candidate base in order to present assigned BMW Dealers with viable candidates for hiring consideration
- Communicating and managing relationships with assigned BMW Dealers
- Building relationships with various local entities, such as trade schools, high schools, etc.
- Proactively identifying candidates through various sourcing tools and methods
- Developing and managing candidate pool within a tracking database
- Working proactively with other RTR partners to support recruitment at BMW Dealers across the nation
- Working closely with appropriate BMW Dealer representatives to clarify and identify needs and consult around recruitment processes and forecasting future demand
- Developing action plans with assigned Dealers to enhance recruitment processes and usage of pre-existing BMW NA-endorsed recruitment tools
- Managing candidate communication throughout the recruitment process up to Dealer’s application process
- Timely preparation and maintenance of reporting metrics. Examples of report metrics are: number of schools attended, number of job fairs attended, number of viable resumes in pool, recruitment status at Dealer, etc.
- Must have a minimum 3 years’ experience as a Recruiter, within the automotive industry or specifically the automotive technician field
- Network or contacts in the military for the purposes of sourcing veterans is a plus
- Within the field of recruitment, has experience using all avenues of social media tools for sourcing and branding efforts; tools include but are not limited to: CareerBuilder, Monster, Indeed, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with high attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree, or 3-5 years relevant experience
- Must be willing and able to travel
1. Confidence in all areas of recruitment
2. Automotive business knowledge
3. Entrepreneurial thinking and spirit
4. Flexible/positive attitude
5. Passionate towards achievement of objectives
6. Willingness to learn and accept responsibilities
7. Strong organizational skills
8. Confident and comfortable with senior management exposure
9. Problem-solving and analysis skills
10. Vision to anticipate and think through all scenarios
11. Excellent communication skills
12. Ethical conduct
13. Time management
This job operates independently as the candidate will be in a high travel capacity. The candidate may also be working in a professional office environment in the BMW NA regional office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and email.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is largely a role that requires much travel with potential of actively participating in career fairs and the like; these activities can require physical labor to set up and tear down marketing materials, etc. Stand up facilitation can be required which requires the candidate to talk and hear and support the functions to prepare for all types of facilitation engagements. Some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or close of business set by customers’ needs. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Frequent travel is expected for this position. Visa sponsorship and/or relocation support is not available for this role.