Registered Nurse – Emergency Department (Kenmore Mercy Hospital)
Coordinates total patient care through assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluation. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members in maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
REPORTS TO: Nurse Manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN strongly preferred
- Maintains a current New York State Professional License
- Successful completion of critical care course
- BLS certification within 3 months
- ACLS certification within 1 year
- 1 year experience with acute medical/surgical patients
Skill, Knowledge and Ability
- Evidence of competency in cardiac rhythm interpretation
- Preferred: In addition to minimum requirements, meets some or all of the following requirements: Ed experience, current ACLS, PALS and TNCC.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (TECHNICAL/PHYSICAL): Physical activity includes: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and heavy work.