Registered Dietitian - RD
This position will have you go to our Biscoe facility one day a week as well!
Saber Healthcare is seeking a Registered Dietitian - RD!
What Saber Healthcare has to offer - YOU - the employee:
- Competitive pay rates
- Team player attitudes
- Family oriented building
- Paid Orientation/Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Supportive staff and management teams
- Saber Foundation – Donates to AHA, ALZ FDN, ACS, and many more!
- Ever changing and growing organization
- Many opportunities to advance and grow in the organization
- Facilities located throughout the country – easy to transfer
As a Registered Dietitian - RD for Saber Healthcare we are not just looking for a body to fill a position, we want someone who fits into our desired culture and contributes to it as well:
- Have a POSITIVE, ready-to-help, attitude every day!
- Provide guidance for the Dietary Manager and/or staff
- Monitors the preparation, service, and delivery of food
- Establish and maintain department standards for customer service, sanitation and safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with production staff to provide coordinated, high quality care
- Monitor nutritional status of residents through the RAI assessment process as assigned
- Functions as a member of the multi‑disciplinary health care team to assess newly admitted residents and identify those at nutritional risk
- Evaluate medical records to obtain necessary medical information to determine resident nutritional status and develop individualized care plan
- Demonstrate ability to tailor treatment based on unique requirements of residents' age and developmental needs
- Visits Residents, observe/Monitor resident eating habits, feeding abilities, and diet compliance
- Determine nutritional needs, plan of care, while striving to minimize nutritional complications
- Recommend the least restrictive diet possible to meet the needs of the residents
- Comply with facility's guidelines for nutritional intervention to assure that residents receive appropriate care in a timely manner
- Chair the weight/wound committee meetings and resident review
- Participate in resident care conferences and multi‑disciplinary team meetings to provide nutrition information of resident nutritional status for in‑house care plan
To qualify for this opportunity all we ask is that you:
- B.S. degree in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition
- Maintain nutrition knowledge base related to long term care through continuing education to ensure application of current research information and methods to nutrition practice
- Maintain continuing education to meet requirements for registration as set forth by the American Dietetic Association and to meet state licensure requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience as a professional dietitian or dietetic technician in long term care with some administrative responsibility, or (1) years’ experience as a registered consulting dietitian with one or more long-term care facilities
- Must maintain active membership and registration in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) and with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Must maintain active state licensure and membership in State Dietetic Association
We are looking for someone who wants to be a vital part in making someone’s life better every day. If you read this job description and thought "this sounds like the place for me!" please send us your resume for consideration!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran and also promote a drug-free workplace.