Position SummaryRegistered Nurse/Clinical Research Coordinator
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center is actively seeking Clinical Research Coordinator. WVCI, which is part of The US Oncology Network, provides their patients with start of the art clinical trials to help patients on their journey through the cancer care continuum. This individual would be working directly with the patients taking part in the studies, coordinating with medical and research team involved. While clinical research experience is preferred, an individual with a passion for all things clinical and analytical will find success in this role.
Employment Type: Full time, 1.0FTE/ 40 hr/week
Benefits: M/D/V, Life Ins., 401(k)
Location: Eugene, OR
Under direct supervision of a physician and nurse (if applicable), is responsible for enlisting, maintaining, and assuring protocol compliance for all patients on clinical trials. Collaborates with physician in determining eligibility of patients for clinical trials. Provides education to staff and patients. Ensures site research quality by practicing in compliance with US Oncology Research, Inc. (USOR) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Supports and adheres to US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility.
- Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, participates in the informed consent process, and enrolls patients on protocol.
- Coordinates patient care in compliance with protocol requirements.
- May disburse investigational drug and provide patient teaching regarding administration.
- Maintains investigational drug accountability.
- In collaboration with the physician, reviews patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug and thoroughly documents all findings.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting.
- Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintains regulatory documents in accordance with USOR SOP and applicable regulations.
- Participates in required training and education programs.
- Responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research.
- May collaborate with Research Site Leader in the study selection process.
- Additional responsibilities may include working directly with other (non-USOR) research bases and/or sponsors.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff at all time through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards as issued through OSHA and the CDC. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
Experience and Education:
- Associate's degree in a clinical or scientific related discipline desired, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a clinical or scientific related discipline, preferably in oncology.
- Healthcare professional preferred: RN, LPN.
- RN License in OR or WA.
- Oncology research experience preferred.
- EMR experience preferred.
- SoCRA or ACRP certification preferred.
More About The Company
Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center is an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends. We are committed to excellence which means providing the latest in cancer-fighting medical treatments and technologies.
Located in the beautiful Eugene-Springfield area, a mid-sized community where you can experience the splendor of all four seasons in a moderate climate. The South Willamette Valley is known for being wine country, and Eugene is a haven for wine lovers and craft beer enthusiasts. Superb skiing or a walk on the beach is within an hour's drive. Home to TrackTown USA and the University of Oregon, it's a mecca for runners and fans of track and football.
As a member of The US Oncology Network, one of the nation's largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks, WVCI participates in leading-edge clinical trials through US Oncology research, which has helped develop 71 FDA approved cancer therapies. We serve the Eugene, Corvallis, and Springfield communities with three clinical offices located throughout the Central Oregon area.
To learn more about WVCI and its daily mission, please visit our website at www.oregoncancer.com
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.