We are happy to offer up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus as well as up to a $5,000 relocation bonus (if applicable) for experienced ICU RNs of 1+ years of experience to help you begin your career with us.
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Critical Care Float Pool Registered Nurse.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know how to stay organized and move fast. You respond calmly in high pressure situations.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Our Critical Care Float Pool nurses float to a variety of critical care environments with a focus on ICU. As a Float Pool RN, you will learn valuable new skill sets and knowledge about different units, meet new staff and network within the hospital by getting to know multiple managers. Plus, our in-house Float Pools offer a float differential in addition to our competitive rates and shift differentials.
We always focus on putting our patients first, which is evident through our hourly rounding, bedside reports, and manageable nurse-to-patient ratios.We are proud to be an accredited Chest Pain Center with an advanced telemetry monitoring system, a Primary Stroke Center, and a Level III Trauma Center.
Platte Valley Medical Centeris a partner of SCL Health which is a nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Critical Care Float Pool RN you need to know how to:
- Recognize and address patients’ psychological and physical needs
- Foster continuity and quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients and their families in mind
- Assess a patients’ medical status upon admission
- Assist in developing individualized treatment plans
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
- Oversee care delivered by LPNs and/or CNAs
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain your BSN from an accredited program within four (4) years of hire unless you possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of proven continuous Registered Nurse experience in an acute care setting, required
- Current Colorado RN license or compact license with the ability to obtain Colorado RN license, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association or the ability to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire (with prior approval), required (ACLS/NRP/PALS as appropriate for unit or service)
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience in an ICU setting, required
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Critical Care Float Pool RN on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.