At Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) a distinguished team of doctors, researchers, nurses and healthcare professionals have provided patients with groundbreaking treatments on the healing edge of medicine since 1974. Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective treatments, both existing and emerging, in order to diagnose and successfully treat cancer and blood disorders. We support this goal with state-of-the-art facilities across Southern Nevada, all of which integrate the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and research capabilities. CCCN is dedicated to patient-centered care, advancing innovation, discovery, and improving outcomes. Motivated, caring professional are encouraged to join us.
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse at our Northwest location in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The essential functions for the Registered Nurse, Medical Oncology – Chemotherapy include the following:
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central lines catheter devices.
- Administers chemotherapy, hydration and other medications and may assist physician with exams and procedures.
- Assesses patients for changes in condition, including but not limited to abnormal labs, x-rays, scans, drug reactions and initiates appropriate action.
- Facilitates dose modification by assessing patient, assessing labs, consulting protocol or treatment plan, calculating dose, and consulting physician regarding dosage modifications, problems, and symptom management.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred
- Will consider highly motivated new grads for our New Grad Orientation Program.
- Current or pending Oncology certification preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN licensure in State of Nevada.
- Current CPR certification required.
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and have a passion for working with and providing assistance to patients.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
Still have more questions? Please call our Nursing Hotline at 702-435-2977 to speak to an Oncology Nursing Leader who can give you more information on starting or continuing your career in oncology nursing.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.