Sign-on Bonus now available!
$1,500 at hire
$1,500 at 6 months
Full-time position with flexible schedule
Parsons Child & Family Center is a member agency of Northern Rivers Family of Services, a family of human service agencies who work together and are committed to helping children, families, and adults. As the parent organization to both Parsons and Northeast Parent & Child Society, Northern Rivers coordinates the quality of care, depth of programs, combined size and passion for the mission to provide care for more than 14,000 people each year in 36 counties throughout New York State.
When children are unable to live at home, our residential care programs provide a safe and therapeutic environment while families and staff members seek to create plans for restoration of family life. Interdisciplinary teams of psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, child care staff, and educators assist children in residence who present a mixture of emotional, behavioral, and mental health disorders.
Our Registered Nurses care for youth and adolescent clients at our campus residential program.
This position is full-time and based on our main campus at 60 Academy Rd Albany, NY. Schedule is flexible.
Specific duties include the following:
- Conduct health histories and assessments for clients
- Perform function of taking height, weight, and other vital signs for clients
- Manage medication prescriptions
- Maintain master appointment schedule
- Perform clinical record audits to ensure documentation is in compliance
- Provide education in illness management to all non-medical members of the staff
- Collaborate with other program staff and with community service providers as needed.
- Registered Nurse in NYS
- One to two years experience required
- Work with youths with serious emotional disturbance and their families preferred
Benefits of joining our team include:
1) No on-call
2) Comfortable work environment
3) Tuition reimbursement
4) Being a part of one of the most respected human service agencies in New York.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.