Meadowood is a not-for-profit Life Plan Community located in central Montgomery County, PA, near Lansdale. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of life for all who experience the Meadowood community. We will adapt to serve the needs of current and future residents in a way that enhances the lifestyle of each individual. Wellness, engaging residents and employees to create memorable experiences, open communication, community outreach, and best practices in our operations are hallmarks of our Vision.Meadowood has the following position open in our Skilled Nursing Department:
Registered Nurse (RN), FT, Evening shift (2:45pm - 11:15pm)
Meadowood is a great place to work!
Perks & Benefits:
- >90% paid single health and free single dental coverage
- Health Savings Accounts
- Fully paid life and disability insurance
- Generous, flexible paid time-off plan – up to 24 days per year begins accruing immediately
- Fully vested retirement savings plan with a dollar-for-dollar match at 2 years
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Referral and retention bonuses
- Value meal pricing in our Garden Café – three meals a day
- Discounted, on-site salon and massage services
- Employee Wellness Program including free Fitness Center membership, including pool
- Fun events, prizes and incentives!
Collaborates with other nursing staff in directing and evaluating the nursing care provided to residents in Meadowood's Health Center. Provides skilled technical nursing care, and when necessary, assists in the provision of direct personal care. Assists in the orientation of new professional staff.
Meadowood is seeking professional nurses with strong technical skills, along with compassion and a spirit of teamwork, and the ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve the goal of providing excellent care. The right candidate will have a passion for caring for seniors, and strive for excellence in their work.
* Assists in developing and evaluating nursing care plans
* Assist in implementing and evaluating nursing care provided to each resident on assigned shift, based on assessed care needs
* Administer medications in accordance with current policies and procedures
* Provide technical, skilled nursing care in accordance with current policies and procedures
* Assist in interpreting care needs and plans of action to residents, families and direct care providers
* Provide direct care as dictated by resident needs and/or schedule demands
* Assist in communicating care needs and concerns to other appropriate disciplines/departments
* Reports changes in resident care needs to physicians, obtaining and implementing new orders as necessary
* Oversee response to emergency calls from Independent Living apartments when Resident Care department is closed
* Complete documentation in timely, accurate and legible manner and in accordance with policies and procedures
* Assure completion of Daily Unit Report for assigned shift
* Participate in educational in-service programs
* Adhere to nursing department policies and communicates policies to staff as needed
* Demonstrate proper care techniques to other care providers
* Respect and maintain resident confidentiality
* Perform supervisory duties (support personnel policies, identify and report equipment problems, perform delegated tasks, as necessary)
* Interact with residents, families and friends, departmental and nursing staff to effectively meet residents' care needs
* Respect and utilize individual capabilities, knowledge and skills, encouraging input from direct care providers
* Other duties, as assigned
Graduate of an accredited RN Program, with current PA RN License, one year experience as a professional nurse, (dementia experience preferred), during which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated. Must know standards of nursing practices and techniques.
Meadowood is a drug free and smoke free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.