PRN FTE .001
Westside Regional Medical Center
We are always on themove. New technology. State-of-the-art care. Campus improvements. You will findit is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 224 +-bed medicalcenter and healthcare complex. Here, our 800+ nurses and allied healthprofessionals, along with 750 physicians, thrive in a fast-paced but friendlywork environment. Our medical services, combined with programs in specialtiesvarying from oncology to cardiology, from surgery to emergency care, illustratewhy we are one of the best leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
We offer our community aChest Pain Center, 24/7 Emergency Care, Comprehensive/Primary Stroke Center,Robotic Surgery, Open Heart Surgery/Cardiovascular ICU, Orthopedic and SpineInstitute, Biplane Neuro Interventional Suite.
Westside Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
The task and responsibilities ofthis position include:
- Participates actively in the planning and distribution of patient assignments.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care and addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Supports nursing staff in communication with physicians to include accepting doctors' orders and communicating patient condition.
- Facilitates the process of reporting patient status to the following shift of nursing personnel.
- Manages the nursing care of assigned patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.