Elderwood at Amherst is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager for our Memory Lane Unit.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager is responsible for the nursing services rendered for residents of a thirty-five (35) bed unit; involves communication with physician, management of nursing staff performance, and responsibility for nursing care reporting, documentation, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Assumes responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a residents' nursing plans of care, and coordination of inter-disciplinary goals and approaches to needs or health problems of residents.
- Assumes responsibility for the supervision of nursing staff assigned to the unit
- Assumes responsibility for nursing care given to each resident
- Leads in-service programs, and serves as a training resource for unit staff.
- Attends the following meetings: Resident Care Planning Meeting, Staff Meeting, Quality Assurance Committee Meeting.
Possession of an RN New York State License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required.
Minimum of two years (RN) nursing experience, and at least one year of experience in an (RN) nursing leadership role; interest or experience in geriatric/rehabilitation nursing required.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.
Management skills for supervising staff and coordinating care of residents required.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem-solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
Caring and compassionate attitude towards residents required.
Ability to relate well and communicate with family members of residents required.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Experience/appropriate training and/or education relative to the types of patients admitted to the subacute unit is preferred.