The Jewish Renaissance Medical Center is one of 21 Federally Qualified Health Centers in the state of NJ. Our mission is to provide primary and preventative care to patients regardless of ability to pay, race, ethnicity, and cultural competence. In the last 10 years, the JRMC has been able to expand to over 6 locations in the Middlesex and Essex County areas and provide services to our patients in specialties such as Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, as well as Dental care. By joining and being a member of our team, you will be able to give great care to patients as well as work in a great environment.
The fundamental reason this classification exists is to ensure that patients of the Medical Center are scheduled in an efficient and timely manner. The position requires that the JRMC staff prepares and collect all necessary documentation and update all patient information to facilitate payment from the various insurance carriers. Additionally, the JRMC staff is required to maintain patients’ confidentiality in regards to HIPAA and other federal, state and local regulations as stated in the JRMC policies and procedures manual. As a Registration Clerk, you will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Books, coordinates and reschedules patient appointments.
- Greet patients in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner.
- Maintains and updates current information on providers’ schedules.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, and provides information to callers as needed.
- Contacts patients to confirm appointments.
- Assembles patients’ charts, and creates chart for all new patients.
- Conduct personal interview to obtain required demographic and insurance information and enters such information into computer.
- Obtain required signatures on legal consents and insurance forms.
- Contact insurers to verify coverage and assure that we are the PCP, where necessary.
- Make adjustments to the computer classification of claims to most accurately reflect the expected pay source.
- Answer inquiries of patients and public in person or via telephone regarding regulations and services; when necessary, refers inquiries to appropriate person or department.
- Performs exit billing and discuss patient’s account balance with responsible party.
- Responsible for daily cash collections.
- Maintain daily log of uncompensated care applications and other state and local governmental applications.
- Input data into the ancillary data base.
- Collect and batch daily encounters.
- Other front end duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes readily.
- Ability to follow instructions, given either orally or in writing.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrate effective follow-through with all task.
- Maintain high level of confidentially.
- Ability to complete assignment in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of JRMC policies and procedures.
- Able to work as a team player.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of two ( 2 ) years or more experience in clerical/office support work ; OR
any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.