RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce's client, a global insurance company in NYC is seeking a Reinsurance Operations Manager.
The Ceded Operations team provides operations process support and analysis and align to a structure within the Ceded Purchasing team supporting the front-end business functions of Property, Casualty, Assumed Treaty Reinsurance and Specialty. The positions will report to the Head of Ceded Operations.
- Review Ceded contract placements and perform set-up of the ceded contract information in the sub-ledger systems including FSRI, ProCede, Genius
- Liaise with internal and external audit for year end, quarterly reporting, and SOX control reviews
- Maintain SOX control documentation including treaty set-up documentation, reinsurer ratings, source system data reconciliation to ceded systems, and treaty population completeness controls
- Coordinate with accounting, brokers, and counterparty audit teams for transactional contract audits
- Work proactively with both internal team members and the department's consumers
- Assist with reports and data for regulatory requirements, including Solvency II, Schedule F, and Global STAT
- Lead from a department perspective the testing of new products implementations and system changes Ad Hoc projects including: onboarding of new business lines, testing system upgrades, data enhancements, and process documentation
- College degree or related equivalent work experience
- 5 to 10 years of insurance operations related work experience with mandatory industry experience, whether primary, broker or reinsurance
- Strong understanding of Ceded Reinsurance and/or Retrocessional covers including understanding the workings of both Treaty and Facultative reinsurance contacts
- Solid understanding of ceded contractual wording
- Solid understanding of regulatory requirements (NAIC, US GAAP, Solvency ll and various Global Reporting Requirements) along with strong understanding of SOX
- Adaptable and willing to steer change to support management objectives as well as ability to think intuitively
- Strong computer skills required; Excel, database experience, working knowledge or similar underwriting or financial systems with FSRI/SAP preferred
- Strong analytical acumen and logical thought process required
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly whether in oral or written form; effectively communicates in a variety of settings: formal and informal; attentive and active listener; straightforward and composed
- Candidate must be flexible; team oriented
This company offers excellent benefits & opportunity for advancement!
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.