Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Systems Engineer 4 the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site.
In the Mission Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
- Performs Reliability Program Planning, Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA), Reliability Allocations, and Reliability Predictions. Coordinates Root Cause Analysis for significant failures that occur during development testing and system operations.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specification
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- US Citizen and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience with PTC Windchill Quality Solutions Reliability Analysis
- Software or other reliability software analysis software
- Reliability Block Diagrams
- Performing FMECA analysis
- Reliability Growth Curve models
- Software metrics and test data collection
- Performing fault tree analysis (FTA) on systems and subsystems
- Must be well organized self-starter, effective working independently, and highly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to comprehend software source code and technical document
Experience in applying the IEEE Recommended Practice on Software Reliability
Experience with 217Plus
Statistical analysis background
Design of Experiments background
Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.