You will be the first responder, triage agent, incident commander, and fixer of things.
You are a critical thinker and proactive problem solver, you do not need a great deal of direction to address service level problems and follow up to ensure customer issues are being resolved.
You are a multi-tasker that has eight arms and capable of addressing multiple issues with the same level of attention as you would focusing on one issue.
The J2 NOC Technician role is currently based out of Los Angeles, California. However, remote work from home opportunities are available.
Work in the Network Operations Center Team for J2 Cloud Services , Inc. The J2 NOC is a 7 by 24 by 365 operation. You will perform tasks including, but not limited to, the following functions:
- Monitor, notify, fix and escalate alerts related to production systems.
- Perform basic system administration tasks for Windows and Linux Servers.
- Knowledge of UNIX OS, file editing, UNIX commands, and file manipulation.
- Postfix and mail logs
- Apache and Tomcat logs
- Knowledge of Windows OS, user access (AD), file editing, and operational experience with Windows Server.
- Remote Desktop Connection Manager
- Be an Incident Commander for high level outages, working with teams for updates and assisting in resolution.
- Constantly improve the alerting of supported systems by adding, removing or revising alerts to better reflect the current platform operational needs or as requested by management. (Zabbix, SolarWinds and DataDog)
- Utilize the full functionality of Slack and managing video communications with Zoom.
- Document issues using our Ticket Tracking System (Jira) and follow the Escalation and Notification Process.
- Ensure that all open tickets are appropriately updated within established time frames.
- Work with Customer Success, Tier 2 and Tier 3 support groups to continually refine and improve the escalation and notification process.
- Coordinate remote datacenter activities, whether performed by J2 staff or by outside service providers.
- Work with outside vendors to report and ultimately resolve problems and escalate open trouble tickets to their conclusion.
- Develop and maintain documentation for NOC operations.
Job Requirements And Experience
- Must be willing and able to work any of the 3 shifts. On-call and shift based work is required.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a NOC or Systems Administration environment
- 2+ years experience working with AWS Technologies
- 3-5 years experience with Windows Server Administration and/or Linux, Unix or a similar OS
- 3-5 years experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog, Zabbix, SolarWinds is required
- Excellent troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience working with remote co-lo operations is a must.
- Candidate must be well versed in Microsoft Office or Google Suite Tools, and will be required to develop process documentation in the company’s wiki and ticketing system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work individually, within a team, and with other groups.
- Highschool Diploma
Job Requirements: Pluses
- Bachelors Degree or Technical Certifications are a strong plus and can replace some work experience.
- 3-5 years experience with Telecom, SIP and Network Administration Technologies - troubleshooting circuit or device issues is a plus.
- Working on deployments in a live environment is a plus.
- Project Management experience is a strong plus.
- IT Help Desk experience is a plus.