Position: Repair Technician
Location: Smyrna, TN
Duration: 6 months contract
The Technical Assistance Specialist (TAS) is responsible for ensuring excellent consumer experience for all client customers and clients by providing technical advice to all service technicians within the client In-home service network. The TAS will provide technical assistance for all brands sold by our clients with an extended warranty thru client. The overall goal for the TAS is to provide technical knowledge, troubleshooting support, parts identification, and training to ensure repairs are completed and to minimize the need to replace major appliances.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Responsible for reducing client’s replacement spending costs by increasing save rates on products deemed unrepairable or unreplaceable by in-home service technicians.
• Responsible for providing technical expertise across all brands, specializing in LG, Samsung, GE, Frigidaire, Electrolux, Maytag and Whirlpool.
• Responsible for expertise on all appliance product lines for their given industry. Example: MA TAS must have expertise in: Refrigeration, Laundry, Dishwashers, Cooking, etc.
• OEM warranty verification.
• Suggestions for next steps in troubleshooting.
• Responsible for overall decisions to repair or replace product.
• Creating buyout / dispatch requests as necessary.
• Identifying part numbers / kits needed to make a repair.
• Act as technical liaison between client and OEM.
• Ensure all transactions are properly documented in data management systems.
• Use technology as needed to assist field technicians with repairs.
• Help identify training needs of field technicians and relay back to the FSM team.
• Assist the FSM team and DTS agents as needed.
• Ensure field service technicians adhere to processes that meet client needs and expectations.
Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with service technicians within the client service network.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
• 20 years road experience as a Major Appliance service technician within the service industry.
• Sealed system certified.
• Expertise in servicing major appliances.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Able to sit for long periods of time while talking on the phone and using a computer.
• Ability to use multiple database programs.