This position is responsible for analyzing the weekly, monthly, and quarterly purchasing data, as well as managing the applications that produce the companies purchasing decisions. This position demands a strong knowledge of database management and manipulation. The right candidate will also have experience working with a multi-warehouse operation and experience with an inventory value over $50 Million. This positional also requires exceptional communication skills to lead teams both domestically and abroad and deliver a singular goal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with Procurement and Distribution leaders to determine key metrics and define specific reporting and analytics needs, e.g. in-stock position and inventory turns.
- Analyzes replenishment strategy e.g. order frequency, management of backorders, etc. aimed at achieving the highest order fill percentage with the lowest possible inventory
- Work with and produce requirements for the replenishment team members
- As necessary, make adjustments in replenishment software factors to optimize its performance.
- Work with finance to ensure correct Month End and Quarter End cut offs.
- Give forecasts to key suppliers to ensure they can fill our needs.
- Stabilize, standardize, and document replenishment process from order development, communication to suppliers, receipt of shipment, and payment.
- Track all orders and track key changes in ordering process.
- Maintain all ordering software to keep with the company’s requirements and goals.
- Create and publish weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports offering exact inventory position of all SKU's.
- Lead Logistics team in continuous improvement against their KPI’s
- Able to manage work process with cross functional partners in multiple international offices as well as domestically.
QualificationS / Requirements:
Technical Knowledge/ Skills:
- Confidence in ability to adjust to multiple systems and learn quickly technical frameworks.
- Understanding of principles of inventory management.
- Understanding of how to manage importing.
- Understanding of the various types of replenishment models.
- Expert in database management and manipulation.Other required skills:
- Creating and maintaining positive work environment for team members
- Automotive or retail experience is a big plus
- Intermediate ability to identify inconsistencies in data and perform validation
- Experience in developing inventory modelsEducation / Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance or related field
- 6+ years relevant work experience in inventory management/replenishment in an automotive or retail hard goods environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Flexible attitude and Open to learning and change.
- High level of skill in Excel and/or Access / Large Data sets
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse management systems and inventory management
- Self motivation and a determination to succeed
- Innovative ideas followed by clear planning & implementation
- Can manage to deadlines with accurate results.
- Personal ownership of significant detail and quality.