At Peoples, we are more than just an energy provider. We are a company that is truly passionate about serving our customers.
Peoples Natural Gas is an energy company in Pennsylvania, providing Western Pennsylvania with clean, safe and reliable natural gas for more than 130 years and has a combined workforce of almost 1,300 employees. Peoples has been a committed partner and leader in the natural gas industry, currently providing reliable energy to more than 800,000 customers. Our vision of Making Lives Better is redefining the way we serve our customers. We are committed to being an environmental leader utilizing technology and innovation to create cleaner, more reliable energy sources.
Our employees are rewarded with the opportunity for advancement and to gain experience in a variety of interesting roles. We offer a competitive salary, annual bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. Health benefits are comprised of medical, dental and vision coverage, including the option for family coverage. In addition, employees are compensated with vacation, paid holidays, sick pay, life insurance, LTD insurance, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Peoples is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons, regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Peoples Natural Gas is committed as an equal opportunity employer. To maintain the integrity of the recruitment process and to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest due to employment and/or assignment of family members and personal referrals, specific guidelines apply to the hiring and assignment of these individuals, including but not limited to:
- Family member cannot result in a supervisor/subordinate reporting relationship
- Family members cannot work in the same department
Representative, Intermediate, Inside Sales is responsible for selling services on inbound and outbound calls to potential new business marketing leads, assessing customer needs and upsell opportunities, educating customers of available products and services, and developing customer relationships.
- Responsible for selling Peoples Protection Programs, Go With Gas programs, commercial commodity and equipment conversation to prospective customers. Must demonstrate the ability to close sales opportunities and meet monthly selling objectives
- Responding to all customer inquiries, educate customers on existing products, provide explanation of how customer can benefit from services, and convert to new sales. Respond to all incoming commodity program calls, enroll new commercial accounts, and answer billing inquiries
- Monitor and maintain information associated with the Database Systems, i.e., entry update, update customer information, prepare summary reports, etc
- Process “Go With Gas” enrollments by checking gas availability utilizing the company mapping systems to ensure project eligibility. Maintain the daily enrollment spreadsheet. Create the weekly enrollment report
- Refer any “Go With Gas” enrollments serviceable with existing infrastructure based on mapping and line installation standards to the New Construction Department
- Process new product enrollments received via phone, web, referral, etc. Process and post payments received via check
- Process mail enrollments by initiating outbound calls in an effort to upsell other products
- Answer, process and review customer claims and communicate with contractors. Copy, create files, filing, and process mailings
- Manage customer claim requests in an effective, timely manner and within program guidelines
- Update claims tracking form and process and save claims' pictures and contractor invoices
- Research, determine root cause, and resolve escalated customer complaints/incoming correspondence
- Maintain department databases
- Ensure excellent, high level, quality customer service is provided throughout all processes
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (such as Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Thorough grasp of promotional and selling techniques
- Ability to organize and multi-task activities, resources and time
- Ability to take direction, learn and consistently produce quality results
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to collect, compile and review data
- Reliable, regular attendance is an essential function of this job
- Four years customer service/sales related experience, preferably in the energy industry
- Demonstrated inside sales/customer service experience
- Associates Degree in communications, marketing, business preferred
- Demonstrated related experience may be substituted for preferred education
- Valid driver's license, ability to drive PNG company vehicles. Occasional overnight travel outside of the area may be required
Peoples Natural Gas is committed as an equal opportunity employer. To maintain the integrity of the recruitment process and to avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest due to employment and/or assignment of family members and personal referrals, specific guidelines apply to the hiring and assignment of these individuals including, but not limited to:
- Family members cannot result in a supervisor/subordinate reporting relationship
- Family members cannot work in the same department