LA BioMed is a non-profit scientific research organization dedicated to saving lives not only in the greater Los Angles metro area but throughout the world.The Institute has over more than 120 principal investigators and 400 researchers in total — MD’s, MD/PhD’s, and PhD’s — working on over 1,000 research studies. We are academically affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and work in partnership with the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Our research is funded by many sources including: grants from the NIH and other government entities, Industry and teaching contracts and royalties, as well as private donors and other non-profit foundations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Life Sciences or a related field of study
- Prior work experience in a scientific or medical research environment preferred
- Must be able to work overnight (every other week)
Description of Duties:
- Supervise sleep study participates and ensure all protocol time points are followed
- Interact with study participates to keep them awake and occupied
- Administer tests, study questionnaires, and surveys at precise time points and ensure research participants complete them in a timely matter
- Assist the study coordinator/sleep technician in applying and removing sleep polysomnography equipment
- Enter research data in redcap
- Expect to learn how to analyze data under supervision and produce manuscripts of reports of new research
- Will be given learning opportunities in research design and implementation
- May be assigned to learn how to spin and process saliva samples
- Learn how to download and review score Actigraphy data
- LA BioMed offers a competitive package of employment benefits for its employees and their dependents.
- Medical: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or POS group medical insurance benefits. The cost for these benefits is shared between LA BioMed and the employee.
- Dental: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with a choice of HMO or PPO group dental insurance benefit options, including orthodontic allowances. The cost for these benefits is shared between LA BioMed and the employee.
- Vision: Regular full-time employees and their dependents are provided with group vision insurance benefit options. The cost for these benefits is shared between LA BioMed and the employee.
- Disability: Eligible employees are provided with long-term disability insurance, which is fully paid for by LA BioMed. This insurance provides benefits if an employee becomes disabled due to illness, pregnancy, or injury for more than 120 days.
- Paid Vacation: Eligible employees can accumulate ten (10) hours of vacation per month up to a maximum of 15 working days per year.
- Pension Plan: LA BioMed provides a retirement plan for eligible employees, which is fully funded by LA BioMed. LA BioMed makes an annual contribution based on each employee’s earnings in accordance with the provisions of the plan.
- Supplemental Retirement: Eligible employees can participate in a 403(b) supplemental retirement plan which allows pretax contributions. LA BioMed offers a variety of investment options through Fidelity Investment, TIAA/CREF.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees are provided with group life insurance, which is fully paid for by LA BioMed.
- Paid Sick Leave: Eligible employees can accrue up to ten (10) days of sick leave per year.